IGOROTA FOUNDATION INC.
Igorota Foundation Inc. is a non-stock, non-profit, non-government organization established in recognition of the right and responsibility of women to fully develop thier God-given potentials. We take inspiration from our three CORE FORCES in our organization that we embody and share in all our programs and activities: Spirituality, Gender and Development and Women in the Cordillera.
VISION: WOMEN'S HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT FOR SELF-SUSTAINING COMMUNITIES
MISSION: To empower women thourgh transformative trainings, education, advocay and organizing.
1) Provide advocacy and educational tools through the reformatted IGOROTA magazine and other information and educational materials;
2) Contribute to raising awareness and policy formulation on gender and Cordillera issues through the Learning Resource Center
3) Develop advocates for gender -responsive communities
4) Respond to women and gender issues in the community
5) Enable women to assert and exercise their reproductive rights for the holistic well-being not only of themselves but also for their families;
6) Enable women to participate in community development through socio-economic activities;
7) Sustain the sources of women's life force while adpating to cultural, economic, and political changes;
8) Enable communities to claim and assert their indigenous rights and responsibilities as stewards of their ancestral domain;
9) Maintain the programs and services of IGOROTA.
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
1. A continually evolving SPIRITUALITY affirmed and nurtured by life-giving values which enable us to sustain the life forces with in us, our families and our communities. This life force renders us sensitive and responsive to gender related issues.
2) GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. From our awareness of Gender and Development springs an ardent commitment to work in transforming gender-based relationships and structures in society. Thus, both women and men, equally recognized for thier worth and dignity, become able partners at home and at work, to enjoy and pursue the benefits of sustainable development. It aims to enable women to be aware of the socio-cultural and political conditions that affect thier roles, choices, image and relationships; and to facilitate responsive actions as a result of their awareness and consciousness.
3. ANCESTRAL DOMAIN PROGRAM. To ensure that our region remain worthy as our children's legacy, we pursue efforts in response to the issues of unpeace and underdevelopment in the region based on the prevailing incapacity of indigenous people to fully exercise thier rights over thier ancestral domains. The programs aims to attain self-sustaining communities thorugh women's initiatives for peace and development anchored on thier transformed indigenous knowledge,systems and practices.
4. LEARNING RESOURCE CENTER AND PUBLICATION. Through the IGOROTA magazine and other journals that serve as for the expression and exchangew of ideas and experiences on women and Cordillera issues. This would help in the identification of vaious approaches to problems, promotion of awareness and appreciation of sustainable indigenous culture, and facilitating the development of a collective Cordillera consciousness and identity from the women's perspective.